The CompTIA Cloud+ is a global certification that validates the skills needed to deploy and automate secure cloud environments that support the high availability of business systems and data.
The exam validates the skills needed to implement cloud solutions, maintain and optimize cloud environments, and troubleshoot in the cloud.
The Cloud+ CV0-003 covers the skills needed to secure the cloud that validates the hands-on experience needed by the candidates to secure environments regardless of the vendor solution.
What’s new in CompTIA Cloud+
- High availability is now its own objective and is highlighted as an important factor for disaster recovery and security measures.
- The updated Cloud+ exam emphasizes automation and virtualization in place of hands-on cloud management.
- This approach ensures that candidates will understand how to scale the cloud to meet business needs while employing such approaches as continuous integration and continuous delivery for a seamless end-user experience.
- Cloud architecture and design highlight the importance of understanding the foundational technologies that comprise the cloud instead of focusing on vendor-specific tasks.
CompTIA Cloud+ Candidate Profile
Primary Job Roles
- Cloud Engineer
- Sr. Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
Secondary Job Roles
- Sr. Network Administrator
- Sr. Network Engineer
- Cloud Specialist
- Cloud Project Manager
- 5 total years in IT
- 2-3 years of experience in systems administration or networking
- CompTIA Network+ and Server+ or equivalent knowledge
- Familiarity with any major hypervisor technology for server virtualization & cloud service models
- Please note that there are no actual experience requirements for the Cloud+ certification, these are just recommendations by CompTIA
What Makes CompTIA Cloud+ Different?
- CompTIA Cloud+ is the only performance-based IT certification that views cloud-based infrastructure services in the context of broader IT systems operations regardless of the platform.
- Migrating to the cloud presents challenges and opportunities to deploy, optimize, and protect mission-critical applications and data storage. CompTIA Cloud+ validates the technical skills needed to secure these valuable assets.
- The reality of operating in multi-cloud environments poses new challenges. CompTIA Cloud+ is ideal for cloud engineers who need to have expertise across multiple products and platforms.
- CompTIA Server+ now features Official CompTIA learning resources providing flexible solutions including self-paced, instructor-led, and custom training options to advance the career development of IT professionals in server administration.
Job Growth Indicators
- CompTIA Cloud+ is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard. It is also approved by the DoD for Directive 8140 and 8570.01-M.
- The average salary for a CompTIA Cloud+ certified IT professional is about $78,654. (PayScale.com)
- Demand for growth is expected to increase over 28% during the next ten years (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
What’s on the CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Exam?
CompTIA Cloud+ validates the skills needed to implement cloud solutions, maintain and optimize cloud environments, and troubleshoot issues encountered when working in the cloud. The major areas of emphasis include:
- Cloud architecture and design
- Security within the cloud
- Automation and virtualization
- Disaster recovery
- High availability
Updates to the Exam Domains
High availability is now its own objective and is highlighted as an important factor for disaster recovery and security measures. (1.3)
Automation & virtualization content including approaches such as continuous integrations and continuous deployment ensures candidates have the skills to optimize the cloud to meet business needs. (4.1, 4.4, 5.6)
Cloud architecture has been added as a domain, highlighting the importance of understanding the foundational technologies and concepts of the cloud. (Domain 1.0)
The CV0-003 also focuses more on business management. This focus was due in large part to a shift in responsibilities for cloud security managers within the cybersecurity job market. CompTIA believes that more focus on management skills will better prepare their certification holders for real-world situations.
|CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003|
|1.0 Cloud Architecture & Design (13%)|
|2.0 Security (20%)|
|3.0 Deployment (23%)|
|4.0 Operations and Support (22%)|
|5.0 Troubleshooting (22%)|
The domains “Maintenance” and “Management” have been combined into “Operations and Support.” “Configuration and Deployment” has been renamed “Deployment” and has been shifted from domain one to domain three. The new domain “Cloud Architecture and Design” focuses on the underlying technologies required for a successful cloud implementation. This area covers fundamental cloud ideas as well as supporting technologies such as virtualization.
Cloud+ Demonstrates your Cloud Security Expertise!
With the global pandemic, more companies are shifting their resources to the cloud than ever before. To remain competitive in today’s job market you need to have some form of cloud security experience on your resume!
The Cloud+ certification is the PERFECT certification to prove your cloud security expertise!
Cyberkraft CV0-003 Cloud+ Bootcamp
Our CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Bootcamp is a five day long fully immersive course. Each day you will receive live instruction on the Cloud+ course materials. By the time you’ve finished, you’ll be well-equipped to pass the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam at-home or by traveling to an official testing center. Our instructors will help you schedule and ace the exam on your first attempt, guaranteed!
Our CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Bootcamp includes:
- 40 hours of content broken out into 5 days of instruction:
– Sessions will be held from 10:00am-06:00pm ET
– All sessions will be held remotely via Zoom
– All hands on activities and labs will be provided to you and require no software
– The Official CompTIA Learn+Labs training environment will be used for all labs and practical exercises
- Instruction on all five domains including:
– Domain 1: Cloud Architecture and Design
– Domain 2: Security
– Domain 3: Deployment
– Domain 4: Operations and Support
– Domain 5: Troubleshooting
- One year access to the Official CompTIA Learn+Labs training environment
-Performance Based Questions
-Custom build labs
-Games, flashcards, lessons, tests, and more
- Live instructor led study sessions
- $338 exam fee included! The full cost of the exam ($338) is included in the price of the bootcamp – you won’t have to pay for the exam separately
- Practice quizzes for each of the five domains
- Fully immersive tests that simulate the actual exam
- Software demonstrations for security tools and virtualization software
- Lifetime access to recorded bootcamp sessions so you don’t need to worry if you miss a day of class!
- Exam preparation Masterclass and exam scheduling assistance
- Enrollment in the Cyberkraft Alumni Program to help you land your next big job!
- Second Shot Guarantee – if you don’t pass on the first attempt, we will pay for your second exam